The integration exam costs € 350.00 in total for the 6 sections (Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking, KNM and ONA). If you take the exam Knowledge of Dutch Society separately, it costs € 40.00. Following an integration course also costs money. The total cost of a course differs by school.
To pay for the costs of the exam and any integration course, you can apply for a loan of up to € 10,000.00 from the Educational Services Department (Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs, DUO). DUO is a part of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. You pay DUO back in periodic payments.
There are a few conditions for borrowing money when you need to integrate:
- You spend the money on the integration exam and any integration course. If you have a right to asylum, you may use part of the money for a literacy course.
- You must earn your integration diploma within 3 years. If you cannot manage to do that, and you have no good reason, you can be fined.
- If you borrow money for an integration course, the school where you follow the course must be listed on the website of Blik Op Werk.
- If you come to the Netherlands for family reunification, you can borrow a maximum of € 5,000.
On the website of Blik Op Werk, there is a list of language schools that have a quality certification. In many of these schools you can follow integration courses. During an integration course, you will also be working on preparing for the KNM exam.
- Inburgeren.nl: here you will find all the information about integration, examinations and costs. You can also take practice exams here.
- BlikOpWerk.nl: This website offers an overview of language schools in the Netherlands that have a quality certification. Here you can easily find a language school near you.
- Rijksoverheid.nl: On this website of the Dutch government you will find a lot of information about rules, laws and agencies in the Netherlands.
- Belastingdienst.nl: On the Tax Service website, you can read all about the Dutch tax rules.
- Wikipedia.nl: Here you will find information about nearly all topics. For example, about Dutch history or about Dutch health carre.