Being able to precisely hear the correct sounds is the key to correct spelling. The SchrijfBeter app specifically focusses on the problems that NT2 students experience with respect to listening and spelling in Dutch. Poor listening skills may be the root cause of bad spelling in Dutch. For some non-Dutch speakers, it may also be difficult to distinguish between Dutch sounds such as the schwa or –t due to the absence of such sounds in their native language.
For this reason, the SchrijfBeter app combines exercises for practicing listening skills and improving spelling. Using sixteen different series of exercises, students learn about aspects such as the –t or silent ‘e’, words with an ‘ie’/‘i’, international words and colloquial language such as ‘issiesiek’.
- Specific focus on NT2 student’s problems
- Available whenever and wherever you want, even without an Internet connection
- Ability to separately train a specific aspect of spelling, plurals or borrowed words.
- Repetition allows students to see whether they are making fewer mistakes.
- Checking one’s own answers works better than having a teacher provide the answer
Check the AppStore or Google Play for the free version. You can buy extra exercises through in app purchases.