Are you not a status holder? As a family migrant or other sort of migrant, you are responsible for purchasing your own language training. You can go directly to the municipality for advice about civic integration training. To be eligible for a DUO loan, the language tuition you choose has to be approved by the Blik op Werk foundation (BoW). Blik op Werk is the foundation responsible for the oversight of civic integration training. They guarantee the quality of civic integration courses. When they approve a language training course, they award it the quality mark. You can find a list of approved service providers on the website.

Are you a status holder? Then the municipality organises your civic integration process. It becomes their responsibility to choose language training which meets the quality standards of the Blik op Werk foundation.


Do you want to practise your Dutch? Click here for our learning materials.